Current Lab Members
Dr Jeff Dalton
Chancellor’s Fellow/Reader (Associate Professor)
His main research interests focus on the intersection of natural language understanding and information seeking for complex tasks.
He works on several research areas within IR, such as Neural Entity Extraction, Text Understanding, Conversational IR, Knowledge Graphs and Representation Learning. His goal is to design intelligent search systems that can provide complete answers to complex user information needs, rather than just a list of results. Prior completed his Ph.D. with Dr. Laura Dietz at the University of New Hampshire, USA.
Yola Jones (joint with MVLS)
Develops machine learning to predict those at risk of sudden death and other catastrophic events using electronic health records and focusing on cardiovascular disease.
Francesco Dalla Serra (joint with Canon & Dr Deligianni)
Develops multi-modal visual question answering for medical applications as part of his industrial PhD in conjunction with Canon Medical.
Develops a framework for knowledge-grounded data collection to train deep learning models for conversational QA, information extraction and knowledge grounded reasoning.
- Anton Leuski - USC ICT
- Emine Yilmaz - UCL
- Shahrzad Naseri - UMass CIIR
- Laura Dietz - UNH
- Leif Azzopardi - Strathyclyde
- Fani Deligianni
Past Lab Members
- Enrico Trombetta (Research Assistant @ University of Glasgow)
- Adam Czyzewski (Software Engineer @ Meta)
- Zay Yar Tun (Software Engineer @ LivePerson)
- Ivan Sekulic (PhD student @ Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) in Lugano, Switzerland)
- Gijs Hendriksen (PhD student @ Radboud University in Nijmegen, Netherlands)